Monday, June 20, 2011

The words of a mother...

"Remember that he is, first of all, my child. Let me see him smiling in his sleep and let me think about how handsome he is... and not about how delayed that smile was in coming. Help me not lose sight of my son in the shadow of his limitations... I know that you care for my child and that you work hard with him. I need your expertise to help him become all that he is capable of being. You need my help in understanding who he really is and in following through at home with things that are important. Remember, though, that you send him home at night and have weekends off and paid vacations. Let me have the luxury of having a vacation, sometimes physically, sometimes just emotionally, for a day, a week, a month, without your judging me. I will be there for him when you are long gone. I love my child with an intensity that you can only imagine. If on a given day I am tired or cross with him, listen to me, lighten my burden, but do not judge me. Celebrate with me, rejoice in who he is and who he will become... but forgive me if from time to time I shed a tear for who he might have been."
 Author Unkown


I saw this online and it really touched me because I know exactly how true these words are and I wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment