Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Regression

We are into week four of this regression period. It is very discouraging. Normally after two weeks Cameron gets better and comes back around. I can't help but think things like "Is this the beginning of the permanent decline?" or "is he going to get better this time at all?" He is still happy but tired and not able to do things that were easy for him before. He is much more sensitive to noise. He is getting overstimulated much easier and stiffening up frequently. Thankfully he is still seizure free.

We still have no diagnoses. All tests came back negative. They will be scheduling a muscle biopsy soon.

I've reached a weird place. I'm not sure I even want to know what he has anymore. I'm afraid if they tell me that he for sure has mitochondrial disease that I will break. I don't know that I can handle it. It breaks my heart to read blogs and see videos of all the children with this awful disease.

My heart breaks even more to think my angel could have this ugly chronic disease.

Please continue to pray for peace and strength for our family but most importantly for Cameron's health.

Revelation 21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment