Friday, August 20, 2010

Third times a charm?

Well, we went to Houston this past Thursday to meet with Cameron's new doctor and thankfully we weren't disappointed. This is the third opinion we have gone for. The hospital was beautiful and instead of just having one doctor Cameron was given the royal treatment and got three all to himself! They were very attentive and asked us so many questions which is nothing new to us, but they even brought up things we have never encountered before. They were very thorough with their questioning as well as with examining Cameron.

They don't agree that Cameron had a stroke, but they aren't ruling it out completely as of yet. They ordered a dozen or more tests to be done (MRI, MRS, EEG, Metabolic Testing, Genetic Testing, Spinal Tap....). I worry for my little guy to have to go through all of these tests, but I know that it is going to help him in the end. The more we know about Cameron's condition the better-no matter what it is. The doctors fear that he may have some sort of brain disease. As scary as that sounds they also said that it may be treatable. Nothing is set in stone right now-that is just their opinion so far. After we get all of his tests done we will go back and meet with the doctors to hear what they have come up with.

Cameron did wonderfully on the trip to Houston and was a perfect angel. We feel blessed to finally have found doctors that are willing to explore the other possibilities and not just brush Cameron off. They told us that Cameron's case is a difficult one and we have a long road ahead, but we are holding strong to our faith that we serve a big God and he will get us through this.

Please continue to pray for Cameron and our family. We have to drive back to Houston on Monday to have more blood drawn from Cameron's arm. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers because it isn't an easy process.

I will do my best to begin updating on here regularly.

5 comments:

  1. Jessica, I have been thinking of you and your family often. I am so glad these doctors are working with you and trying to find out what is exactly wrong... I will be thinking of you both on MOnday... hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, thanks for updating! I thought about him the other day and wondered how he was doing. I hope this time you get the answers you're looking for. Cameron and your family will continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, I had no idea what you guys were going through! I know God has a reason for everything and sometimes it can seem hard and scary but He is always with you. I'm putting your family in my prayers and thoughts. If there is a donation site or anything we can do please let me know! Im here in texas now so if you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask girl! Mommys unite!! ;) **bigs hugs** --Wren (Gafford) Busby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your continued support Grady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Staci! Monday went great! I will be updating soon!

    ReplyDelete